At Green Lane we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of teaching and learning, ensuring our pupils are exceptionally well prepared for the next stage in their education.
We regularly review our curriculum to ensure it continues to provide a rich and relevant experience.
Our coverage of all subjects, both core and complementary, is broad and thorough and delivered through a range of exciting topics.
Our pupils and parents help to shape the curriculum development by sharing their opinions through questionnaires and discussions.
At Green Lane Primary and Nursery School our engaging curriculum is driven by the ambitions we hold for our pupils future success and is underpinned by our school values of working hard, staying positive and being polite. We hold the highest aspirations for all, ‘nurturing potential in everyone.’
We intend our curriculum to:
- instil in our pupils and staff a thirst for knowledge and a perseverance for learning
- equip our pupils with the skills and disposition to become successful, independent learners
- deliver our pupils the knowledge to master concepts across the full range of national curriculum subjects
- expand our pupils’ vocabulary, allowing access to more rich and complex curriculum content
- develop our pupils’ longer term memory, helping them to retain what they have learnt
- encourage our pupils’ creativity and originality
- expand our pupils’ communication skills, both in the spoken and written form
- connect our pupils’ experiences, knowledge and skills to help make sense of the past, present and future
- establish in our pupils the determination to pursue their ambitions and flourish
- empower our pupils to problem solve, triumphing over adversity
- grow compassionate pupils, proud of their uniqueness, who can build positive relationships and make a tangible contribution to society
Please see the attached PDF GLPNS Outcomes_2019. We are very proud of the excellent results our pupils achieved across the whole school, they are a credit to the hard work of the children and teachers alike.